1. That this club shall be called Newtown Angling Club.
2. The club affairs shall be managed by up to eight members consisting of
elected officers and committee members. This group will be referred to as
the 'Club Management Committee'.
3. The Club Management Committee will have the power to make day-by-day
decisions within the general rules of the club. Any decision must be agreed
by at least 50% of the Club Management Committee. The chairman will exercise
a casting vote, if necessary.
4. All Club Management Committee positions being on an annual basis are
elected at the Annual General Meeting (AGM).
5. The Club Management Committee have the power to fill any vacancy that
may arise during the year following the nomination of the candidates for
these vacancies, at a monthly meeting.
6. Membership of the club shall be renewable annually. The membership fee
shall be decided by the officers and committee of the club and promulgated
at each February meeting. In addition to this fee new members, excluding
juniors and old age pensioners (OAP's) joining the club, shall pay an initial
club registration subscription.
7. Junior members shall be under 17 years on 16th June of the current season.
8. Members will pay fees and permit fees as per club rules.
9. Membership is open to all persons. Applications for membership should
be made at a monthly meeting and be accompanied by a proposer and a seconder
who are club members.
10. All members are to hold current affiliated association water permits
and a current Environment Agency rod licence. It is incumbent upon all members
to keep up to date with the changing rules and requirements of the association(s)
to which the club may be affiliated.
11. The Club Management Committee shall meet every month on the second Tuesday
of the month at an agreed meeting place unless that Tuesday coincides with
a Bank Holiday, then the meeting will take place on the Tuesday of the following
week. The agenda for the meeting must include the following:
a) Minutes of the last meeting;
b) Matters arising;
d) Treasurers Report;
e) Affiliated Association Reports (e.g. RDAA, BCAA and TVAA reports);
f) Match Secretary's Report;
g) Any Other Business.
12. Additional items which may crop up during the year which are of importance
must be included in the agenda and circulated to members before the appropriate
13. An Annual General Meeting (AGM) shall be held on the second Tuesday
in April. When the second Tuesday in April coincides with a Bank Holiday
the meeting will take place on the Tuesday of the following week. The agenda
will be as follows:
a) Minutes of the last AGM;
b) Matters arising;
c) Officers report;
d) Election of officers;
e) Voting upon proposals to amend club rules;
f) Any other business.
14. Nominations of new officers and committee members are acceptable by
the March meeting. Proposals for rule changes shall be submitted at the
February meeting. Amendments to these proposals to be submitted at the March
meeting. Discussions can take place at both of these meetings. Proposals
and amendments to proposals must be in writing signed by the proposer and
15. All members are required to exhibit their membership cards or receipts
to any owner occupier, water bailiff or to any person connected with the
club or any association to which the club is affiliated.
16. Members shall abide by the bylaws of the Environment Agency and the
bylaws of any authority which governs the water being fished.
17. The rules of any association to which the club is affiliated will be
strictly adhered to. Particular attention must be paid to the permit rules
with reference to each venue. Failure to comply will render members liable
to expulsion from the club and loss of permits.
18. No fish shall be taken away from any waters. All fish must be returned
alive to the fishery from whence they came.
19. Members must refrain from the following:
a) lighting fires on the banks;
b) digging said banks in search of bait;
c) damaging trees or parts of trees;
d) damaging gates, hedges or fences;
e) leaving gates open;
f) and leaving litter in any shape or form.
20. All anglers are responsible for leaving their swims free of litter of
21. The Club Management Committee shall have the authority to expel any
member contravening any of the foregoing rules or any member whose conduct
is detrimental to the interests of the club.